|MotherMassage ®: Massage During Pregnancy
On-Line Course Fact Sheet
Course Outline: In this on-line course, you will learn:
- the benefits of prenatal massage therapy
- correct positioning for each of the three trimesters
- how to determine the pressure to use
- appropriate client draping, pillow placement, and practitioner body mechanics
- the essential pretreatment evaluations
- prenatal massage contraindications and precautions
- the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy: an overview of the changes and adaptations to the maternal musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, urinary, integumentary, endocrine, neurological, and reproductive systems
- theory of appropriate massage therapy techniques to support the dynamic changes of pregnancy
- the anatomy and physiology of labor. theory of appropriate massage therapy techniques to support the phases and stages of labor
- postpartum warning signs
- theory of appropriate massage therapy techniques to support physiological changes during immediate postpartum, puerperium, and extended recovery
- suggested reading
Application: Your application must be accompanied with payment. After payment is received via PayPal, you will be sent a web address to register and take this on-line course.
CE Hours: 18. Elaine Stillerman is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and is also sponsored by NCBTMB to teach New York LMTs continuing education that is accepted by the state of New York for license renewal. Approved by FL State Board of Massage.
Tuition: 215.00 on-line course. This fee is non-refundable. To purchase, click here to go to my online store:
Testing: Upon completion of the on-line course, you will be able to take your test on-line. A passing grade of 80% is required in order to receive 18 CEs. You have three months to complete the exam. You will be able to print your certificate at home.
Approvals: 18 CEs from CE Broker, State of Florida; NCBTMB; New York State Massage Board
Register and purchase
About your instructor
Terms and Conditions